Looking forward to a family camping trip? Think you’ve got everything you might need? Use Ladram Bay’s camping checklist just to be sure…
- Mallet – for hitting the tent pegs into place
- Pillows/quilts/blankets – for comfort and warmth
- Pump – for blowing up air-beds or inflatable mattresses
- Torch – for lighting the way to the toilet block at night!
- Lamps – for some light in the tent
- Fold-up chairs – for evenings outside or soaking up some sun
- Stove/BBQ – whatever you’re planning to use to cook make sure you have the necessary gas, lighters etc.
- Washing-up liquid & sponge – and a bowl, though you can wash up directly in the sink
- Pans – make sure one has a pouring lip as its much easier to pour water or sauces
- Can opener/corkscrew – Always useful!
- Comprehensive cutlery – including a sharp knife
- Crockery – Bowls, plates, mugs & plastic cups
- Cool box – for storing milk, drinks or food in
- Any food you may need/want for the journey or upon arrival just in case the shop is shut!
- The basics – don’t forget your shampoo/conditioner and shower gel
- Toothbrushes & toothpaste – you’d be surprised how often these are left behind
- Toilet roll – though most campsites supply it, you can never be too sure!
- Insect repellent – keep mosquitoes and other nasties away
- Antiseptic wet wipes – for feeling clean after a day on site
- SPF! You never know when the sun might pop out and burning can happen on long walks as well as the beach!
- Washing powder/tablets & pegs – check if there is an area onsite, if not bring a bowl!
- First Aid kit – plasters, painkillers and antihistamines
- Towels – take as many as you can, microfibre towels are great for quick drying
- Pyjamas & spare layers – for extra warmth at night
- Swimwear – wetsuits if boarding, dry robes and hoodies for the beach if things cool off
- Plenty of warm, waterproof clothing – even in the summer
- Trainers or comfortable walking shoes
- Wellington boots – great to throw on around the campsite when flip flops aren’t an option or for country walks that might be a bit muddy!
- Buckets and spades – of course
- In-tent entertainment – think board games, a deck of cards and books. Camping essentials!
- Check if there are any events on site, such as fancy dress
- Matches & batteries – just in case!
- Bottled water
- Mobile phone charger, car charger is useful too if you don’t have access to electricity!
- Map of the area or region – any places you might want to visit
Pets – if you’re bringing a dog then don’t forget:
- Water bowl
- Pet food
- Food bowl
- Spare towels
- Dog bed
- Any medicines if needed
- Vet’s number just in case!
Our 2023 Brochure