Holidays are a time for you to let your hair down and indulge, with the task of cooking often being one of the first things that gets shelved.
Lets face it cooking can often feel like a lot of work when on holiday. You travel long distances, arrive with hungry children, need to operate in an often unfamiliar kitchen, with fewer ingredients at your disposal. This doesn’t need the be the case!
Our latest recipe uses a single pan, can be put together in under 30 minutes, and serves 4.
Bacon and Spinach Pasta Recipe:
|Easy to make||10 mins prep time|
|Serves 4 people
||20 mins cook time|
We understand when your on holiday you need to be flexible with ingredients. You can use different types of pasta, we would recommend penne or farfalle pastas as alternatives to fusilli pasta – just avoid spaghetti / linguini.
- 200g of bacon
- x1 white onion
- x1 chicken stock cube
- 200g grams of pasta
- 4 handfuls of spinach
- Parmesan /or/ cheddar
- Cut the bacon up into small strips & fry on a medium heat in pan until crispy.
- Empty the pan (bacon) into a bowl, leave the bacon fat in the pan.
- Dice the onion & add to the pan, cook until the onion becomes soft.
- Add 500ml of boiling water & stock cube to the pan (stir the stock to dissolve).
- Add the pasta to the pan & cook for 8-1o minutes (unless using fresh pasta, in which case follow the packaging cooking instructions).
- Add the spinach to the pan & stir until wilted. By this time the pasta will have absorbed most of the water.
- Turn off the heat & add the bacon, sprinkle grated parmesan (or cheddar) over the pan before serving.
Our 2023 Brochure