For our first holiday cooking guide of 2016 we thought we would keep it simple, healthy and most importantly shareable.
The latest instalment in our series of holiday cooking guides is all of these, think of it as the thinking man’s omelette with an Italian twist.
Easy Frittata Recipe
|Easy to make||20 mins prep time|
|Serves 4 people
||40 mins cook time|
- 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 leek or a bunch of spring onion
- 85g of macaroni or fusilli
- 85g of sweetcorn
- 85g of frozen peas
- 1 red pepper (deseeded)
- 2-3 eggs (depending on size)
- 150ml of semi-skimmed milk
- 1 tablespoon of thyme
- 50g of cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons of grated parmesan
- To ensure your frittata is fluffy, beat and salt the eggs JUST prior to cooking. If you mix the eggs and the salt before you start cooking and allow them to sit around the eggs will be watery (not good).
- Use a timer because there is nothing worse than an undercooked (runny) or overcooked (rubbery) frittata.
Turn your oven on and let it heat up fully before using it, this will minimise the chance of undercooking.
- Turn the oven up to 190 (fan) or 170 (gas).
- Grease your baking dish with olive oil.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil (adding a sprinkle of sea-salt) and cook the pasta for 8 minutes.
- After 8 minutes add the vegetables to the pan and continue boiling for another 2 minutes, or until the veg begins to soften. The sign of food softening is when you stab it with a sharp knife and the food slides off.
- Drain the pan and then pour the contents onto your baking dish ensuring the food is mixed evenly.
- Beat the 2-3 eggs together and add a pinch of salt.
- Now add the milk and thyme. Mix the two cheeses together and add 75% of it to the egg / milk mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish, stirring very gently.
- Now sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for 35-40 mins until the top of the dish is golden. Once removed from the oven leave to cool for several minutes before serving with a green salad.
Ladram Bay Supermarket
By now you’re probably wanting to try this recipe for yourself? For those staying with us you’ll be able to find all the ingredients used in this recipe at the Ladram Bay supermarket.
Our 2023 Brochure