Our first holiday cooking guide of 2018 requires just a single pot, provides 3 of your 5-a-day & most importantly is very shareable. The latest instalment in our series of holiday cooking guides is also very adaptable, meaning if you fancy a little more spice the dish can easily be enhanced with garlic, chilli powder or cayenne pepper.
One Pot Spiced Chicken & Sweet Potato Stew
|Easy to make||15 mins prep time|
|Serves 4 people
||40 mins cook time|
- 3 sweet potatoes (cut into small chunks)
- 1/2 a cauliflower (chopped)
- A small bag of spinach (200g)
- 8 chicken thighs (skinless & boneless)
- 500ml of chicken stock
- 1 table spoon of sunflower oil
- pumpkin seeds (roasted)
- x4 warmed naan bread (optional)
- x2 white onions (chopped)
- x1 red chilli (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- A cube of ginger (thumb sized)
- x1 can of tomatoes
- x1 lemon (deseeded & chopped)
Save time & avoid washing up your pan in-between cooking the sweet potato & the chicken.
Get your pan & hob ready on a high heat…
- Place your chopped sweet potato into the pan & add boiling water. Cover for 10 minutes on a high heat.
- Place all the spice paste into a processor or blender until finely chopped, now set aside.
- Place your spinach in a large colander before pouring the sweet potato & water over the spinach at the same time. Leave to stream dry the spinach.
- Return the saucepan to the heat & add the sunflower oil & spice paste for 5 mins until the mixture thickens. Now add the chicken & fry for 5 mins, add the cauliflower & cook for another 5 mins until the chicken starts to brown off. During this time stir occasionally.
- Season the pan with black pepper & add the sweet potato before cooking for another 5 mins. Meanwhile roughly chop the spinach before adding this to the pan.
- Serve the stew & scatter the pumpkin seeds over each portion. Any leftovers can be frozen for up to 3 months.
Our 2023 Brochure