|20 mins cooking time||Serves 4|
- 400g – 500g chicken thighs, boneless
- 400g frozen vegetables
- 300g basmati rice
- A handful of raisins
- A handful of cashew nuts
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 2 tbsp of korma paste
- Add 2 tspn of oil to a hot pan. Add a pinch of salt to the chicken thighs and add to the pan – cook on high heat for 5 mins or until golden on both sides.
- Turn down the heat and add a tbsp of korma paste and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Boil 600ml of water in a kettle.
- Place the rice, veg and raisins into a microwavable bowl.
- Pour 600ml of water over rice mixture before adding the stock cube and stirring in the remaining tbsp of korma paste.
- Cover bowl, leaving a gap to let it steam for a few minutes, before microwaving the rice for 12 minutes on 850 watts.
- Add the rice to the pan containing the now cooked chicken and leave to stand for 5 mins (covered).
- Scatter with cashew nuts and serve.
Image via Divya Kuda on Flickr
Our 2023 Brochure