When on holiday, creating a Bolognese early into your trip is a prudent move. This dish is filling, uses few utensils, is healthy, can be quickly reheated and portion sizes are easily scalable.
Ladram have put together a super simple spaghetti Bolognese recipe to get you started.
Simple Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
|1 hour cooking time||Serves 4|
|Vegetarian adaptable||Simple to make|
- 400g minced beef (V. use Quorn)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 100g carrot (grated)
- 2 x tins chopped tomatoes (400g)
- 400ml stock (x1 stock cube)
- 400g dried spaghetti
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Parmesan (grated)
- Over a medium heat place a large saucepan.
- Add a tbsp of olive oil, (once hot) add beef, salt & pepper.
- Cook the mince until it browns before removing from heat and setting aside in a bowl.
- Add another tablespoon of oil to the same pan (medium heat), add onions, salt & pepper – fry for about 5 mins until soft.
- Add the garlic and cook for a further 2 mins before adding the grated carrot and mince into the pan.
- Add all the tomatoes (stir well), add stock and bring pan to a simmer before reducing the temperature. Simmer for 45 mins until the sauce has reduced.
- When ready to cook the spaghetti, bring a large pan of water to the boil and cook to the packet’s instructions.
- Once cooked, drain and add spaghetti to the pan with the Bolognese. Mix well before serving.
- Add grated Parmesan.
Our 2023 Brochure