At Ladram we’re big fans of mackerel. It’s sustainable, easily caught, high in omega-3’s, simple to cook and most importantly extremely tasty.
For the anglers staying at Ladram who get lucky, this recipe is for you.
|BBQ or grill||10 mins cooking time|
|Simple to make||40 mins prep time|
Ingredients for the marinade
- 1 lime (juice of)
- Ginger, 1 cm cube (grated)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 garlic (crushed)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2-3 mackerel (120g – 140g each)
- Mix up marinade ingredients and pour over your mackerel, leave for 30 mins in refrigerator.
- Pre-heat grill / BBQ. Cook mackerel on each side for 5 minutes or until the skin begins to crisp.
- Serve straight to the plates, accompanied with salad and bread.
Image via Sarah Joy via Flickr
Our 2023 Brochure