Our first holiday cooking guide of spring 2017 is possibly our easiest to date, all you will require is a microwave & 8 readily available ingredients.
The latest instalment in our series of holiday cooking guides is very caravan friendly & adaptable.
Tomato risotto recipe
|Easy to make||5 mins prep time|
|Serves 4 people
||20 mins cook time|
- 250g of risotto rice
- 200ml of vegetable stock
- 500ml of carton passata (tomato sauce)
- 500g of cherry tomatoes
- x1 onion (finely chopped)
- x4 rashers of bacon (optional)
- 100g of mozzarella (drained & cut into chunks)
- Parmesan cheese (for grating)
- Chopped basil (to garnish)
- Place the risotto rice, onion & half the butter into a microwavable bowl, cover & cook on a high heat for 3 mins.
- Stir in the vegetable stock & passata.
- Continue to cook (this time uncovered) for another 10 minutes.
- Stir the bowls contents, before adding in the cherry tomatoes & mozzarella.
- Microwave for another 8 minutes (until the rice is soft).
- If you fancy adding bacon, fry up 4 rations & chop into small pieces. (alternatively buy lardons)
- Leave the bowl to cool down for a few minutes before stirring in the other half of the butter.
- Stir in some chopped basil & grated parmesan before serving to your lucky guests.
Our 2023 Brochure