Looking for a delicious yet quick & easy family dinner ? – this super-simple pasta bake recipe should do the trick.
Sausage & Bacon Pasta Bake Recipe
|Easy to make||20 mins prep time|
|Serves 4-6 people
||40 mins cook time|
We’ve used fusilli pasta, but we understand when your on holiday you need to be flexible with ingredients. Try penne or farfalle pastas as alternatives to fusilli pasta – just avoid spaghetti / linguini.
- 400g of sausages
- 400g of smoked bacon
- 400g of pasta (fresh or dried)
- 1 medium onion (sliced)
- 1 stick of celery (chopped)
- 1 tsp of Dijon mustard
- 300g of parmesan /or/ cheddar
- Salt & pepper
- Mixed herbs (a pinch)
- Oil for frying
- Brown the sausages gently in a pan on a medium heat (using oil or butter).
- Remove sausages & add in bacon & fry until it starts to brown off too.
- Remove bacon from pan & add onions to the pan to sweat.
- Turn on your oven to heat up at 180*C.
- Now return the sausage & bacon to the pan, add in the mustard & mix well – set aside.
- Now add the pasta to boiling water + a splash of olive oil.
- Pasta cooking tip: You’ll want to undercook the pasta because it will be going in the oven for 40 mins after boiling, so if the cooking instructions say ‘boil for 12 mins’ we would recommend knocking off around 30% (i.e. cook for 8 mins).
- Once your pasta is cooked mix in some parmesan, sausage & bacon before pouring into a baking tray.
- Now cover the top layer of the tray with a light layer of cheese before adding the bake to the oven for 40 minutes.
- Serve with a green salad.
Ladram Bay Supermarket
By now you’re probably wanting to try this recipe for yourself? For those staying with us you’ll be able to find all the ingredients used in this recipe at the Ladram Bay Supermarket
Our 2023 Brochure